The Gabriel Glas Story -
Gabriel Glas is an Austrian company started by the Swiss-German wine critic René Gabriel who, while writing the comprehensive German-language wine book "Weinbibel" became fixated on the idea of finding one glass that would successfully present every style of wine. Finding that no such glass existed, he set about creating one, and the Gabriel Glas Company was born.
While the company has diversified to offer a broad array of crystalware, it started with this singular desire to create just one ideal glass that would provide “maximum olfactory sensation” and “deliver any wine to the palate in a manner that expresses even the subtlest flavors, no matter the variety.”
Today Gabriel offers two 'grades' of this original shape: the StandArt and the Gold Edition. Here are the details of each:
- StandArt - This is the factory made option. Thicker and more resilient than the mouth-blown alternative, this is an excellent glass for daily use. Made of 100% Austrian lead-free crystal and formed in one piece so there are no seams, this version offers all of the performance of the Gold Edition with a build that can take the tumult of every -day use.
- Gold Edition – Mouth-blown and nearly weightless this delivers the most elegant and refined wine drinking experience on the market. While this statement may sound hyperbolic it is not. Made of the same lead-free Austrian crystal as the StandArt, the Gold Edition takes this design to its highest possible level of sublimation. While lighter than the famed Zalto Universal, it's actually more resilient on account of being formed from a single piece of glass - there are no weak points, no seams. In short, it is almost impossible to imagine how much this glass changes your experience of a wine. Trying it for yourself will change your taste in glasses forever.
Gabriel Glas - StandArt Glass
StandArt Wine Glass - Factory made of 100% Austrian lead-free crystal. A seamless design gives this glass superior resiliance compared to other similar glass manufactures such as Riedel, Schott Zwiesel, and Spiegelau.
The concept of this glass is to have a sigle glass that presents all styles of wines accuratly. Save space in your kitchen or restaurant by having only one glass to meet the needs of all styles of wines. Diswashersafe.
- Opening at top of glass - 2.59 inches (63.5mm)
- Base of glass - 3.74 inches (95 mm)
- Total overall height - 9 inches (230 mm)
5.18 oz (147 grams - compaired to Riedel's 180)